Application to Study Block I
The program will be divided into four blocks. Block 1 will comprise the first semester and will be open to everyone to apply. Blocks 2-4 comprise the remainder of the 2 year program and are for those students who wish to enter the Certification Program.
Study Block I is designed for general applicants (teachers, parents, caregivers, social workers, etc.) and is based on personal development, the study of Neohumanism and Neohumanist Philosophy of Education, and an introduction to child development.
- Applicants will fill out an application, which includes a brief personal essay (no more than 500 words) expressing their interest in learning about Neohumanist Education.
Application to Neohumanist Teacher Certification Program (follows Study Block I)
- Application to the certification program follows the successful completion of Study Block I.
- Students need not be working in a school for Study Block I but must have access to a young person for learning activities such as interviewing a child or observing a classroom.
- Students will need to arrange at least 20 fieldwork hours in a school or community-based program for Study Blocks IIb, IIIa, IIIb, and all of the intercessions.
- Students will need to arrange for an 8-week supervised student teaching assignment in Study Block IVa.
- All applicants must submit a brief essay (in English) that expresses their interest in teaching, past experiences that have informed their ideas about education, what brings them to the study of Neohumanism, and how they plan to meet the fieldwork requirements of the program of study.